March 4, 2021 by Carol Britton Meyer (Staff Photo)
With five confirmed races -- selectman, town clerk, board of health, municipal light board, and board of assessors -- it's sure to be an exciting town election season. The date has not yet been decided due to COVID 19-related issues.
The deadline for submitting completed nomination papers was Thursday, March 4, at 5 p.m.
The five races are:
* Selectman -- Liz Klein, Michelle Larned, and Joseph Kelly. Jack Manning did not return his papers. Selectmen Chair Mary Power is not running for another term.
* Town Clerk -- Libby Lewiecki (current School Committee member), Carol Falvey, Thomas Patch, and Laura Marwill. Town Clerk Eileen McCracken is retiring.
*Board of Health -- Incumbent Peter Bickford and Johanna Burwell. Thomas Harrington did not return his papers.
* Board of Assessors -- Joshua Ross and incumbent Carlton M. ("Al") Chambers.
* Light board -- Incumbent John Stoddard, Jr. and Laura Burns.
Incumbent Kerry Ni and Tim Miller-Dempsey are the candidates for the two School Committee seats.
Dwight Hartman is the sole candidate for Recreation Commission. Incumbent Bruce Thompson did not take out papers.
Clark Frazier is the only candidate for sewer commission. Incumbent Robert Higgins did not pull papers for another term.
The following incumbents are running unopposed:
* Town Moderator Michael Puzo
* Planning Board member Gary Tondorf-Dick.