March 8, 2019 by Carol Britton Meyer
It's going to be an exciting election season, with four races lined up-- Town Moderator, School Committee, Planning Board, and Housing Authority. Six candidates are running unopposed, including four incumbents.
"I can't remember the last time we had four races," said Town Clerk Eileen McCracken. "I'm thrilled, because having several races always brings out more people to vote."
The Town Election is set for Saturday, April 27. The polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Here are the candidates:
* Town Moderator (one-year term) -- Incumbent Michael J. Puzo, 83 Cross St. and Megan M. Buhr, 489 Main St.
* Planning Board (five-year term) -- Kevin M. Ellis, 7 Hersey Street, and Thomas F. Patch, 9 Ship St.;
* School Committee (three-year term) -- Incumbents Carlos A. F. DaSilva, 5 Taurasi Road, and Elizabeth "Liza" Reed O'Reilly, 19 Porters Cove Road and Joshua Ross, 125 Wompatuck Road, and Nancy "Nes" Correnti, 17 Ward St. This is a four-way race for three seats. Kay Praschma is not running for another term.
* Housing Authority (five-year term) -- Incumbent Robert D. Keyes, 9 Bradley Park Drive, and Janine A. Suchecki, 15 Park Circle.
The uncontested candidates are:
* Selectman, Joseph Fisher, 3 Huckleberry Hill Road (three-year term) for the seat occupied by Paul Healey, who is not running for re-election.
* Municipal Light Board, Incumbent Roger Freeman, 269 High St. (three-year term);
* Board of Assessors, Incumbent Christine M. Roberts, 29 Pleasant St. (three-year term)
* Board of Health, Incumbent Kirk J. Shilts, 65 Prospect St. (three year term); Monica Staples did not return her papers.
* Sewer Commission, Incumbent Kirk J. Shilts, 65 Prospect St. (three-year term);
* Recreation Commission, Ryan Lynch, 6 Concord Circle (five-year term). Sarah Melia is not running for re-election.
***The Anchor would like to invite all candidates to submit one candidate announcement with photo per election season. Announcements can be sent to email@example.com and must be limited to 500 words.