February 19, 2021, Submitted by Gary Tondorf-Dick
Dear Fellow Hingham Resident,
I am running for re-election to the Hingham Planning Board and I would like to ask you for your vote and support for my fourth term. I would also like to thank again those of you who voted for me in 2007-2016. I share your appreciation of the very special nature of Hingham and want to work with you to preserve and enhance it. In my three terms on the Planning Board, I have learned a tremendous amount about how best to balance responsible growth with the preservation of Hingham’s character.
I have been grateful for the opportunity to serve the Town in various capacities since Mary and I and our sons Dan and Dave moved to Hingham in 1986. My experience includes:
- Hingham Planning Board, appointed January 2007, elected May 2007, Re-Elected May 2011 and Re-Elected May 2016.
- Community Preservation Committee, Planning Board Representative, 2009 – 2016
- Hingham Militia, 1993 – present
- Hingham Historical Commission, 2002 – 2007, Chairman 2005 – 2007
- Historic Districts Commission, 1992 – 1998
- Hingham Historical Society, Board Member, 2019-Present
- Hingham Historical Society Preservation Awards Committee, 1999 – Present
- Zoning Board of Appeals Alternate 1988 – 1993
- Liberty Plain Historic District Committee, Chairman 1987 – 1990
- Liberty Plain Cemetery Association, Chair, 1987-Present
- Bare Cove Fire Museum, Past President, 2019, Member, 2001-Present
- Hingham Woods Condominium Association Board Member, 2018-2020
My goals for my fourth term on the Hingham Planning Board include:
- Maintain and improving Hingham’s unique character while managing positive change.
- Encourage a positive vision with balanced and complimentary uses in the planning of the Derby Street and South Shore Park mixed use retail, commercial and residential neighborhood west of Route 3. Protect the scale and character and quality of life of the residential neighborhoods surrounding the Derby Street and South Shore Park district.
- Continue to work closely with the Selectmen, the Advisory Committee, the Zoning Board, the Conservation Commission, the Historical and Historic Districts Commissions, the School Committee, and the other Town boards and committees.
- Encourage the Town’s residents to participate in discussions about the Town’s future. Work with residents, Town boards and committees in implementing the 2021 Master Plan.
- Continue to use my experience as a registered architect with broad experience in large- and small-scale sustainable planning and design in working with the Planning Board.
I look forward to hearing from you and discussing with you any of your issues or concerns. Thank you in advance for your vote and I appreciate your support.
For more information and participation in my campaign, please email me at [email protected]