Food for Thought: Allergy Innovation Edition
The 5th Annual Food for Thought: Allergy Innovation Edition, will be held on Thursday, May 16th from 6-8 PM at Inly School, 46 Watch Hill Drive in Scituate, MA. All are welcome to join this exciting and informative event featuring leading innovators and entrepreneurs from within the growing food allergy community.
Providing parents, children, and caregivers with insight into some of the latest products and services being developed in the food allergy community, the event will feature esteemed speakers and advocates at the forefront of revolutionary change.
This year’s inspiring panel includes:
• Chris Stepanian, CO-Founder & CEO of Windgap Medical – a company developing a cutting edge epinephrine auto-injector.
• Renuka Babu, Founder & CEO of Detection On the Spot (DOTS) - a company creating a device which can identify traces of allergens in food.
• Matthew Ciampa, Founder & CEO of Treasure Socks - a solution to carrying around allergy- related medicine.
• Deb Brockney, Owner, Sadie Mae’s Cupcake Café – a South Shore Nut Free Bakery.
• Elise Bates, President & Co-Founder of End Allergies Together (EAT) – a non-profit organization funding most promising research that will make a tangible difference in the lives of those affected by food allergies NOW.
After the inspiring panel discussion and while parents are networking with the industry experts, students in the audience will have the opportunity to participate in a facilitated breakout discussion to brainstorm possible solutions for everyday allergy problems.
With food allergies affecting up to 30 million people in the United States alone, including 1 in 13 children, education and empowerment are essential to staying safe and living well. Attendees of this momentous event will be encouraged by the defining message: you don't have to be a medical doctor to change the lives of those suffering from food allergies. Everyday people, both young and old, are making monumental differences in the world of allergy education and prevention. Come for an evening of exciting stories that will be sure to inspire you for the future.
The welcoming setting of Inly School will allow for questions, conversation, and networking. A limited number of tickets are available for $10/family and may be purchased at http://foodforthought.com.eventbrite.com. Light refreshments will be served.