Hi, I am Nes Correnti. I’m running for re-election to the Hingham School Committee.
The campaign trail is coming to an end this Saturday. Yet, on May 14th, for three of the four of us Hingham School Committee candidates, our journey will just be starting. Should I be one, I will carry your trust with me as I roll up my sleeves to do the work you are asking me to do with your vote.
These past few weeks you learned a lot about me, my reasons for running for re-election and my passion for our students. I also invite you to watch this video message for voters:
The familiar words, “Hingham runs on volunteers,” is not just a catchphrase for me. It's my directive. Over the past eighteen years of living in town, I provided my personal and professional CPA skills to these organizations:
- Hingham School Committee
- Town of Hingham Sustainable Budget Task Force
- Assistant Basketball Coach
- League of Women Voters (Treasurer)
- Hingham Unity Council (Treasurer)
- Lead Trainer and Founding Parent of the Building Our Kids Success (BOKS) program at Plymouth River Elementary
- Plymouth River Elementary PTO Yearbook Committee
- Plymouth River Elementary PTO (Treasurer)
- Lead Trainer and Founding Parent of Voyagers Running Club at Plymouth River Elementary
- Plymouth River Elementary Mad About Science (Chair)
- Girl Scouts (Treasurer of 2 Girl Scout Troops)
- Wilder Memorial Nursery School (Treasurer)
When you go to the polls this Saturday, I ask that you remember that as an elected official, I’m here for you, and personally, I’m here with you. It is always my goal that people leave our conversations feeling heard, understanding my decisions, and confident that I put students first. During my second term, I will prioritize:
- Student well-being and safety. After two years of the pandemic and isolation, our students are hungry for real human connection schools provide them. Students need more activities and extracurriculars that promote connection and relieve stress. We need to build resilience in our children so they will be able to have the flexibility and strength of character to match the challenges that life will throw at them. While we need to learn the lessons from the pandemic, COVID will not be the last challenge our kids will face in their lives.
- Sustainable financial planning to support the needs of all of our students. I am the only candidate with a CPA running for the School Committee and the only CPA on the current committee. I also Chair the Finance Subcommittee and work on the townwide Sustainable Budget Task Force. My unique skills and training demonstrate that I have the experience and in-depth knowledge of the school budget to get this done while also supporting Hingham taxpayers.
- Supporting and orienting our new Superintendent, Business Director, new school leaders so that they are poised for success and achievement. We will have a new strategic plan to implement as well as plans to build a new elementary school to replace Foster Elementary. Having a functional School Committee during a time of transition and growth is vital to the health of our district. I have put in the work to build relationships and gain trust necessary to be an effective member. I am ready to hit the ground running and get to work on Day 1.
May 14th is your opportunity to speak. What do you value? What are your priorities for our students?
On May 14th, you have three votes. I hope you will entrust me with one of them.
I invite you to learn more about me at:
Phone: (617) 413-5662