It’s nice to meet you! I am Alyson Anderson, candidate for the Hingham School Committee. I love this beautiful town we call home and would be honored to have the chance to help our schools move forward.
I am a long-time Hingham resident having grown up here and graduated from Hingham Public Schools. We moved back in 2008 to raise our three boys. Currently they attend our schools and are in 3rd, 8th and 9th grade which allows me to see a big picture of all levels within the district. Professionally I am a consultant focused on launching and growing start-up businesses. Having my own consultancy allows me the flexibility and time to dedicate to this position.
My qualifications include:
- Hingham Schools Strategic Planning Committee (current)
- Hingham Music Parents Association Membership Chair (current)
- School Council Member, Hingham High School (current)
- ProBono Consultant PennPAC (current)
- Cleaner Greener Hingham Committee Member (current)
- 8th grade End of Year Celebration Event Chair (current and past)
- BUzz Lab Entrepreneurial Lab Mentor Program
- Green Team Chair, South School
- 5th Grade Leadership Club Co-Chair
- Cultural Enrichment Co-Chair, South School
- Publicity Co-Chair, Wilder Nursery School
- School Council Member, South School
- MBA, University of Chicago Booth School of Business 2004
- BA, University of Pennsylvania 1997
- Hingham High School, Class of 1993
It is imperative for both our schools and town that the right people are elected to help us heal from the last few years AND set a powerful course to move ahead. Our Hingham Schools stand on a strong foundation, but there is much work to be done. Starting day 1, I pledge to work hard to move our schools forward.
- I have built strong relationships across town committees through my work on school councils, our school strategic plan, the Cleaner, Greener Hingham town committee and much more. Already having these established relationships means I don’t need to spend time building trust; I can get right to work.
- I have 25 years of business experience helping entrepreneurs improve business and grow their revenues. I will approach my work on the school committee in much the same way, finding the opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- I will continue to ask tough questions. Ask anyone who has worked with me. Sometimes I ask too many questions:) Just because something has been done a certain way for years doesn’t mean it needs to continue that way.
- I have been committed to our town and schools and have the record to prove it.
Hingham Schools are at a crossroads. We are onboarding a new superintendent, business director, and multiple principals, and we are crafting a strategic plan to take the district forward. We need to see and feel positive progress. As a community, our students and teachers need to feel they are supported, welcomed and celebrated for their success.
I will fight to ensure our schools meet the needs and demands of all students now and in the future.
I hope you will take the time to learn more about me at:
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org