January 31, 2022 By Carol Britton Meyer
The town election season is off to a busy start, with six incumbents taking out nomination papers so far for the upcoming election this Spring as of Friday, Jan. 28, along with four other citizens. The date of the election will be announced at a later time.
Town Moderator Michael Puzo, Select Board Chair Joseph M. Fisher, Board of Assessors members Christine M. Roberts and Carlton A. Chambers, School Committee member Nancy (Nes) Correnti, and Planning Board member Gordon M. Carr have pulled papers for their current seats.
Michael D. Reive pulled papers for the Municipal Light Board seat formerly held by Roger Freeman, who resigned. Alyson B. Anderson, Matthew J. Cosman, and Matthew B. LeBretton took out nomination papers for School Committee.
Correnti, Reive, and Anderson have already returned their papers. An individual is considered to be an official candidate once his or nomination papers have been returned to the Town Clerk's office with the required number of signatures and have been certified.
Potential candidates are asked to contact the Town Clerk's office ahead of time to schedule an appointment to pick up papers at either (781) 741-1410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a complete list of incumbents with terms expiring in 2022:
- MODERATOR (1-year term), Michael J. Puzo
- SELECT BOARD (3-year term), Joseph M. Fisher
- BOARD OF ASSESSORS (3-year term), Carlton "Al" Chambers, who was appointed by the Select Board recently to fill the vacancy left by the late Greg Hall’s earlier resignation until the Spring 2022 town election. This position will be placed on the ballot by the Select Board for the balance of Greg Hall's original term (expiring in 2023), which is one year.
Christine M. Roberts
- BOARD OF HEALTH (3-year term), Kirk J. Shilts
- MUNICIPAL LIGHT BOARD (3-year term), Roger M. Freeman (resigned) -- successor to be determined in 2022 town election
- HOUSING AUTHORITY (5-year term), Greg O’Meara
- SCHOOL COMMITTEE (3-year term)
Elizabeth (Liza) O’Reilly
Carlos A. F. Da Silva
Nancy (Nes) Correnti
- PLANNING BOARD (5-year term), Gordon M. Carr
- SEWER COMMISSION (3-year term), Kirk J. Shilts
- RECREATION COMMISSION (5-year term), Nandita S. Scott
Check back for updates.