September 14, 2023 By South Shore Health
South Shore Health is recruiting runners to join its 2024 Boston Marathon® team! Now is the time to fill out your application and prepare to experience the 128th Boston Marathon on April 15, 2024!
South Shore Health is proud to be a partner of the 2024 Bank of America Boston Marathon Official Charity Program. This is the 13thyear South Shore Health has been awarded a limited number of bibs to field a Boston Marathon team. South Shore Health will also partner with the Marathon Coalition™ to provide a training program designed by a professional coach, customized to each individual runner’s needs and goals.
Additionally, Team South Shore Health runners will receive:
- Weekly training runs offered on the Marathon course
- Opportunities to learn and train with other runners participating in the Marathon
- Professional fundraising support including; tips and tools to reach your fundraising commitment
- Pre- and post-race amenities
Team South Shore Health runners can chose to fundraise for behavioral health or cancer care services and programs. Runners earmark their fundraising in support of one of the following programs/services:
- Supporting the implementation of behavioral health and substance use disorder services and initiatives within the Grayken Center for Treatment at South Shore Health.
- Cancer care at the Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center at South Shore Health.
If you are interested in applying to join Team South Shore Health and running the 2024 Boston Marathon, visit www.southshorehealth.org/BostonMarathon or contact Erin Labbe at 781-624-8038 or ELabbe@southshorehealth.org for more information.