October 5, 2022 by Carol Britton Meyer
In an effort to get the word out about the Nov. 1 Special Town Meeting, where voters will be asked to approve funding for a new Foster School and public safety facility, the town has embarked on a major communication/outreach plan to ensure that the public is fully informed about both projects ahead of time.
Voters will be asked to approve full funding for a new Foster School and a new public safety facility and also to approve the transfer of available reserve funds into a "Capital Project Cost & Debt Service Stabilization Fund" to help lessen the burden on taxpayers.
The town's outreach includes videos, public information sessions, tours, details about project costs and associated tax impacts, and the permitting status for each project.
The schedule is as follows:
Public Information Sessions
* Thursday, Oct. 13, 7-9 p.m. - Sanborn Auditorium at Town Hall, 210 Central Street.
* Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7-9 p.m. - Remote, via Zoom.
Webinar ID: 843 3346 2651
Dial-in number: 929.205.6099
* Saturday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Hingham Middle School, 1103 Main Street.
Public Tours of Current Facilities
* Thursday, Oct. 6, 12-2 p.m. - North Fire Station, 230 North Street; Police Station, 212 Central Street; Senior Center, 224 Central Street.
* Thursday, Oct. 6, 5-7 p.m. - Foster Elementary School, 55 Downer Avenue.
* Monday, Oct. 17, 5-7 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
* Saturday, Oct. 22, 1-3 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
* Tuesday, Oct. 25, 5-7 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center, Foster Elementary School.
* Thursday, Oct. 27, 12-2 p.m. - North Fire Station, Police Station, Senior Center.
A series of "Special Town Meeting Question of the Week" videos about the two projects and additional information is available at https://www.hingham-ma.gov/241/Town-Meeting.