January 26, 2023 Submitted by BC High
The following students have been inducted into the Robert J. Fulton, SJ Chapter of the National Honor Society at Boston College High School:
- Charlie Bushley (Class of 2024)
- JJ Campbell (Class of 2024)
- Gavin Flaherty (Class of 2024)
- Max Galvin (Class of 2024)
- Andrew Garelick (Class of 2024)
- John Geary (Class of 2024)
- Sam Keene (Class of 2024)
- Calvin Spear (Class of 2024)
- Max Stevens (Class of 2024)
- Eric Voyentzie (Class of 2024)
- Deacon Woodgate (Class of 2024)
Hingham Students Inducted into National Honor Society at BC High:
- Cole Bohane (Class of 2024)
- Thomas Dasco (Class of 2024)
- Sean Delorie (Class of 2024)
- Liam Heffernan (Class of 2024)
- Brady Lane (Class of 2024)
- Daniel Linnehan (Class of 2024)
- Arya Mogtader (Class of 2024)
- Griffin Mozinski (Class of 2024)
- Neil Petrillo (Class of 2024)
- Jack Turner (Class of 2024)
The National Honor Society (NHS) was created by the National Association of Secondary School Principals to recognize high school students who have distinguished themselves in their school and community.
Each year eligible juniors and seniors are invited to apply for membership in NHS. Applications are reviewed by a committee of BC High teachers to confirm that each student has attained a high standard of each of these characteristics: scholarship, character, leadership, and service.
At BC High, NHS members are committed to service in the school and in the broader community. All students applying for membership must be current with the completion of required community services hours for their grade level at BC High. After induction into NHS, all members are expected to offer significant service to the school community as tutors in the Academic Resource Center, as ambassadors at Open House and Admissions events, and in other capacities.
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 is required of all applicants. Beyond the grade point average, applicants must be a positive presence in their academic classes. They must show initiative and dependability, work well with other students, exhibit a strong work ethic, and demonstrate openness to growth.